Live music is a place for fun, community, and open expression - sexual harassment and assault don't belong.
We want to live in a world without sexual violence. We believe in music’s power to create change.
Modeling the culture we want is part of that, so we are fighting against sexual violence at shows and festivals.
Our #HereForTheMusic campaign works to build true safety with all parties who come together to create a show or festival: artists, promoters, fans, venue staff, touring professionals, media professionals, and more.
We have worked with 75+ artists, venues, and festivals to date and trained 2000+ people. Join us?
We're being joined by artists, music festivals, venues, and other industry professionals in our pledge to make the music industry a safer space. View our pledge, as well as a list of who's signed on here. For more information on how to sign on and join our efforts to fight sexual violence at shows and festivals, contact Kim Warnick.
Contact Kim Warnick to schedule a 60-90 minute training for your business or fan base. *We are not offering virtual trainings at this time.
We offer trainings to:
- Music fans
- Artists and touring pros
- Venue staff/volunteers
- Festival staff/volunteers
- Other music industry professionals
Participants will learn how to identify potentially harmful behavior, intervene safely/effectively, and build skills/confidence, no matter what your role is.
2. Invite our volunteers to staff an educational table or booth at your venue, fest, or show. Contact Kim Warnick to coordinate.
3. Contact Executive Director Kim Warnick for policy consultations and/or anti-harassment program design.
1. Volunteer with this campaign - learn more and apply here.
2. Donate to support the growth of this work. We are currently raising $35,000 to build an online version of our training.
3. Connect with your local rape crisis center to build awareness of support services to your staff and guests. Support their work financially and/or with in-kind services. Search for an organization near you here.
ft. Sybil Gallagher and Chadwick Stokes, CAC Co-Founders
and Kim Warnick, Executive Director
Video Produced by Mike Smith