Live music is a place for fun, community, and open expression - sexual harassment and assault don't belong.
We want to live in a world without sexual violence. We believe in music’s power to create change.
Modeling the culture we want is part of that, so we are fighting against sexual violence at shows and festivals.
Our #HereForTheMusic campaign works to build true safety with all parties who come together to create a show or festival: artists, promoters, fans, venue staff, touring professionals, media professionals, and more.
We have worked with 85+ artists, venues, and festivals to date and trained 3000+ people. Join us?
We're being joined by artists, music festivals, venues, and other industry professionals in our pledge to make the music industry a safer space. View our pledge, as well as a list of who's signed on here. For more information on our presentation at the Event Safety Summit, visit here. For more information on how to sign on and join our efforts to fight sexual violence at shows and festivals, contact Kim Warnick.
Music industry professionals can purchase access to our Sexual Violence Prevention and Response online training for your business.
If you're a music fan, purchase access to our fan-oriented Sexual Violence and Prevention training.
Participants will learn how to identify potentially harmful behavior, intervene safely/effectively, and build skills/confidence, no matter what your role is.
2. Invite our volunteers to staff an educational table or booth at your venue, fest, or show. Contact Kim Warnick to coordinate.
3. Contact Kim Warnick for policy consultations and/or anti-harassment program design.
4. Download and use our digital toolkit to help us spread the word to artists, venues, and festivals about the #HereForTheMusic campaign.
1. Volunteer with this campaign - learn more and apply here.
2. Donate to support the growth of this work.
3. Connect with your local rape crisis center to build awareness of support services to your staff and guests. Support their work financially and/or with in-kind services. Search for an organization near you here.
ft. Sybil Gallagher and Chadwick Stokes, CAC Co-Founders
Video Produced by Mike Smith